Our mission is to change this, delivering life saving technology to more people globally. Based in Silicon Valley, CA, we are a semi-distributed team of passionate engineers, visionaries, clinicians, and more that have come together with the mission of improving healthcare.
Seeking a Career
At Vave, we’re a bunch of team players that enjoy learning together and working hard to make better healthcare more accessible, starting with ultrasound.
Built On A Values-Driven Culture
We see one another as people. It’s the providers we empower, the communities we connect, the colleagues we work with. and especially the patients we serve – it all starts from a place of kindness and care. That’s what we all seek and that’s what connects us all.
We are always looking for ways to do things smarter, not harder. We naturally explore different perspectives in order to recognize patterns and try the seemingly impossible. The problems we are committed to solving attract the best minds and the biggest hearts to invent life’s most impactful solutions. Simple. Different. Remarkable.
At Vave, we are deeply empathetic and recognize that liberating oneself from an established and complex system of beliefs and behaviors is not easy. So through our words and actions we aim to motivate, cheer and spread hope for all those who seek to grow with us.
And We’d Love To Hear From You.
You will have the option to:
- Keep using the probe with basic app access at no additional cost.
- Continue to use the probe with premium app access for a monthly fee.
- Exchange your probe for a credit towards a new device, with another 3 years of premium app and another 3-year standard warranty.
- Basic imaging tools: B-mode, M-mode, color, scanning presets
- Manual measurement and annotation tools
- Image saving to your local device
Basic app access is always free and premium app access is free for 3 years with purchase, then just $20 per month with no commitment.
- Salary: $175k – $210k (depending on experience and location)
- Bonus targets
- Health Care & Dental Plan
- Unlimited PTO
Purpose & Description:
- The Principal Ultrasound Scientist is responsible for the Vave ultrasound platform IQ performance and development of imaging features & modes from R&D concept to NPI development and validation, aligned with Vave’s go-to-market strategy.
- Key focus is on ultrasound system signal chain processing design, algorithms, and implementation for new imaging features/modes and optimizations per priority clinical applications, working closely with Vave’s clinical and engineering teams.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume full ownership of the ultrasound sound image quality including signal processing algorithm research and development (TX and RX frontend, beamforming, and backend processing), system performance verification, and clinical image optimization.
- Partner with FPGA, FW, and App SW teams in the development of RF/IQ data acquisition and analysis tools to improve the development environment and improve IQ optimization efficiency.
- Lead system NPI product development, owning design specifications and verifications that comply with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.), and with internal quality management and design control processes.
- Drive innovation of advanced imaging modes and features from concept to prototyping, to NPI product implementation and release-to-markets.
- Identify innovations and lead R&D projects for inclusion in the product technology roadmap.
- Work effectively with core stakeholder functions including product management, hardware, and software engineering, and clinical to deliver the complete and successful Vave product solution.
- Enforce design control rigor from requirements/specifications, design reviews & documentation, maintenance of design history, and V&V testing to meet business targets with regulatory compliance.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or other related fields
- Minimum 6 years focused on advanced ultrasound technology development
- Experience developing medical devices according to FDA and IEC 60601-1 standards is highly desirable.
Strong understanding of ultrasonic acoustics in human tissues and the relationship to an ultrasound system and imaging performance